Bay St is a house built by Pacific Plus Constructions and designed by MacCormick Simonian Architects. It’s category for the Mosman Design awards is Contribution to the Built Environment.
It features several innovate design elements that contribute to sustainability, such as a 20’000L rainwater tank – minimising the environmental footprint of the building.
- The thermal mass, cross ventilation, orientation for breezes, and adjustable shading devices regulate the temperature extremes of this west facing site and reduce life-cycle energy requirements. This avoids the need for air-conditioning.
- All walls are insulated
- The build and design quality will ensure a long life for the building
Innovative sustainable design elements:
- External venetian blinds control light and heat-gain to the west and north façades
- 20,000L rainwater tank connected to the laundry, WC’s, garden, irrigation and pool
- Low-E glass
- Courtyard to assist with cross ventilation and light
- Protected primary entertaining area from winds and west sun
- Skylights as feature to dark rooms
You can find out more about the Bay St awards on our Awards page.
You can visit the Bay St page at the Mosman Design Awards website here.
You can check out our gallery for the Bay St property on our website in our portfolio.